Born in Mexico City, Esteban de la Torre is a sound and new media artist based in Budapest. His practice focuses on defining thresholds and signal paths within a system in order to incite emerging environments into existence. Working between drone music and expanded psycho-acoustic minimalism he strongly pivots on the physicality of spatialized sound. Soundspaces are not spaces containing sound, but spaces created by sound.
He is half of the EJTECH collective where his role as a sound and metamedia artist result into large scale installations, hyperphysical interfaces, multichannel sculptures, and programmable matter.
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Focusing on the sound of the present moment – Interview with Orsolya Kaincz
- ‘Music is like dance and sound art is like sculpture.’ – Interview with Esteban de la Torre
- Hear our latest Resonance FM show from Budapest
- Ma’iwa on Budapest’s music scene, folk music and live streaming