Moritz Simon Geist was born in 1981. His projects range from electronic music performances to robotic sound installations. His robotic installations and performances have so far been shown in numerous European festivals and exhibitions including Ars Electronica 2014, Club Transmediale 2013, Mapping Festival [CH]. He has also collaborated with performers such as Mouse on Mars and Tyondai Braxton. He holds talks on the progression of robotics and society. In 2015, he was awarded the Artist-In-Residence-Stipend for the Free State of Saxony.
His background is both as a classical musician and a robotics engineer, with an advanced expertise in 3-D Printing. Moritz Simon Geist lives and works in Dresden, Germany.
“His concept is treating some important questions of the future, like the perception of technology, the robotization of society or the artificial intelligence, but still comes in a very playful and entertaining way: through electronic music.”
– Alain Bieber –
Download a hi-res photo here.
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Pictures: SHAPE at Maintenant 2015
- Sonic Robots live at Maintenant
- Moritz Simon Geist live at ICAS Festival
- Pictures from SHAPE Bucharest
- Moritz Simon Geist: Robot love
- Photos from the SHAPE showcase at ICAS Festival