Orsolya Kaincz Budapest based musician, organiser. She has been working with sound and organizing contemporary music events for more than a decade. As a self-taught musician her interest in music gradually shifted focus from instrumental free improvisation and performing conceptual compositions to electroacoustic experimentation and sound art.
She works with slowly unfolding, transforming sound surfaces, alternating with fragmented micro-structures based on synthetic sound sources and field recordings. Her aim is to create a focused listening environment to build a reflective, contemplative atmosphere for the listener. This approach applies to solo appearances as well as collaborations like the acoustic-electronic improvisation trio Kamon Kardamom. Other recent projects include the experimental music show Exit at Lahmacun community radio and work for music events such as Transparent Sound New Music Festival.
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Focusing on the sound of the present moment – Interview with Orsolya Kaincz
- ‘Music is like dance and sound art is like sculpture.’ – Interview with Esteban de la Torre
- Hear our latest Resonance FM show from Budapest