Resina is Karolina Rec’s solo project. The Polish cellist and composer is known by her fellow Poles from collaborations with an eclectic list of artists from Maciej Cieślak through Hubert Zemler to Zamilska, but since 2016 she’s been carving a solo path with her own project. Her second album Traces sees her expanding the sound palette, employing not only otherworldly soundscapes created from heavily looped and processed cello, but also wordless vocals and rhythms. These take inspiration from an obsession with damaged sacral objects, memory, survivors of violence and the ravages of time.
Download press photo here.
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- “Labels do not drive me” – interview with Resina
- Resina: ‘I was always interested in music which doesn’t give you respite’
- SHAPE platform announces 2019 list of artists
- Photos: SHAPE @ UNSOUND KRAKOW 2018
- ‘Art should step out of museums and galleries’: An interview with Neja Tomsic