Robert Curgenven is an Ireland-based, Australian-born artist producing albums, performances and installations. His work emphasizes physicality, our embodied response to sound and the correspondence with its architectural context, weather and physical production via air. His recorded output includes SIRÈNE, pipe organ works, for his Recorded Fields Editions; Oltre and Built Through for LINE imprint; and Climata, recorded in 15 of James Turrell’s Skyspaces across 9 countries. Curgenven has produced works and installations for National Gallery of Australia, Centre for Contemporary Art Torun, Palazzo Grassi Venice, Transmediale and the Australian National Film and Sound Archive and presented live performances with festivals including Maerzmusik Berlin, TodaysArt, Cork Midsummer, Sonic Acts and UH Fest Budapest.
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Robert Curgenven on grindcore, recording in the desert and the Irish experimental scene
- Hear our Gamma Festival x Resonance FM show
- SHAPE announces line-up of showcase at Gamma Festival
- Hear our latest Resonance FM show
- SHAPE platform announces 2019 list of artists