Jakub Ziołek is a Polish guitarist and composer currently living and working in Bydgoszcz. He’s known for his work with several bands including electronic/folk Stara Rzeka, improvisational combo Innercity Ensemble, techno outfit T’ien Lai, and experimental rock project Alameda. He has presented his music around the globe, for example in New York, London, Instanbul, Reykiavik, Saõ Paulo, Kyiv and Barcelona. In January 2016, Ziołek received the Polityka Passport Award in the popular music category for astonishing diligence, consistency and a unique capacity of combining diverse musical genres.
Download press photo here (Credit: Ela Schulz)
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Photos: SHAPE at Unsound: Flower Power
- Waclaw Zimpel: ‘Where can we be free, if not in art?’
- Photos: SHAPE @ CTM Festival 2017
- Pictures: SHAPE @ Unsound 2016
- Photos: UH Fest 2016
- Watch: UH Fest 2016
- UH Fest: ‘Experimental music has become an economic category’
- Photos: Les Siestes Electroniques Toulouse 2016
- Photos: SHAPE @ MUTEK Montréal
- News and upcoming showcases
- Check out the photos from Rokolectiv 2016!
- From ‘communist Versailles’ to girl power: An interview with Rokolectiv’s Cosmin Tapu
- SHAPE platform announces 2016 list of artists
- CTM 2017 – FEAR ANGER LOVE
- Unsound Kraków 2016
- Les Siestes Electroniques 2016 – Toulouse
- SHAPE @ MUTEK Montreal
- Rokolectiv 2016
This artist participated in the SHAPE platform which concluded in 2022. The current version of the project is SHAPE+. Like its predecessor, it is co-funded by the European Union.