Check out an upsammy DJ set and you’ll be treated to a surprising and dynamic blend of experimental electronic dreaminess, spatial soundscapes, sci-fi inspired techno, psychedelic drum & bass and intense, idm-fired workouts. She rightly received praise for two superb contributions to Nous’klaer Audio’s sell-out Paerels compilation, leading to a debut solo EP for the same label and later on a mini-lp called Wild Chamber, containing a mixture of crystalline electronica and otherworldly ambience. Further releases on Die Orakel and Whities manifested her status as one of dance music’s most exciting new producers. But for now, upsammy is concentrating on doing what she does best: channeling natural inspirations into mind-altering music and unique, otherworldly DJ sets and the occasional live-set.
Download press photo here (Credit: Sophie Wright)
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- upsammy: ‘Sound became more sculpture-like’
- Hear a new mix from upsammy for NTS Radio
- Hear a 2020 SHAPE mix special
- Hear our January show on Resonance FM
- SHAPE platform announces 2020 list of artists