Andreas Trobollowitsch is a Vienna-based musician, composer and sound artist. He works extensively in the fields of electroacoustic composition and improvisation, and has composed for dance, theatre, film and radio.
Based on rotation, vibration and feedback systems he uses mainly modified everyday objects, prepared fans and string instruments. Recently he has been focusing primarily on conceptual compositions, sound installations and self-developed musical instruments. Interested in dichotomy of the intellectual and the physical he includes visual aspects, spatiality, movement, and the way that they relate to sound.
He has performed and exhibited at European, Asian, North, Central and South American venues and festivals. CD and DVD-releases on “schraum” (Berlin), “Monotype records” (Warsaw) and “Filmarchiv Austria” (Vienna). His critically acclaimed debut solo album “ROHA” was released by the Portuguese record label “cronica records” in 2016.
Download press photo here. (Credit: Katja Goljat)
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Pictures: SHAPE @Maintenant 2017
- ‘Art should step out of museums and galleries’: An interview with Neja Tomsic
- Listen to ICAS Radio Show @ Novas Frequências on ORF OE1!
- Photos: SHAPE @ Novas Frequências
- Listen to our Novas Frequências show on Resonance FM
- From Stockhausen to lumberjacks: An interview with Andreas Trobollowitsch
- SHAPE platform announces artist list of 2017
- SHAPE reveals showcase at Novas Frequências