J. G. Biberkopf’s music spans club, theatre and digital radio contexts. His debut first EP, titled Ecologies, launched the new Knives label created by Kuedo and Joe Shakespeare of Berlin’s Motto Books. From cyber ambience and slamming rhythmic constructions, to instant trails of web-filtered grime and beatless studies of net phenomenology, Biberkopf’s first release was intended as a field trip into the representations of nature that emerge from the social media scape. The resulting experience is oddly romantic, stripped of its tangibility yet with a synthetic vitality. In his own words, Biberkopf was intrigued by an oddly “naïve idea of nature that seemed strikingly prevalent in my social environment. I was curious to know how these simulations of Nature work in digital media, how do we do experience these simulated materials”. A follow-up recording, the full-lenght Ecologies II: Ecosystems Of Excess, was released in 2016.
Download a press photo here.
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Photos: SHAPE at Unsound: Flower Power
- Photos: SHAPE @ Rokolectiv 2017
- Resonance Extra show on Rokolectiv festival 2017
- ‘Myth is an interface’: An interview with J.G. Biberkopf
- Photos: SHAPE @ Novas Frequências
- SHAPE platform announces artist list of 2017