The sessions of Tutu are odes to life, between pure adrenaline and the most genuine curiosity. Like windows that open to horizons both near and far, her sets run through the landscape with the same intensity that she lives other creative facets of her life. With a spectrum of sounds that range from bass house to cosmic trance, abstract grime, schizophrenic tribalism and acid techno, Tutu on the decks can go from underground dance to the most experimental sounds, which direct the feet and maintain the brain occupied with sensations that run skin deep.
Gemma Planell has performed under the Tutu pseudonym for a number of years, always displaying exquisite taste and personality, with her DJ sets putting into practice her idea of storytelling. Preferring to remain out the spotlight and away from media attention, she has forged a personal style heard in clubs and festivals, with online recordings of sets and mixes for radios and magazines that demonstrate her unique talents. A recent example was her contribution to the Female Pressure series with a mix that only included tracks produced by women.
Download a press photo here.
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Photos: SHAPE @ TODAYSART 2018
- Listen to our latest NTS show featuring TUTU
- Photos: SHAPE @ UNSOUND KRAKOW 2018
- Tutu mix for NTS Live
- SHAPE platform announces showcase at Nyege Nyege festival in Uganda
- SHAPE platform announces 2018 list of artists